Thursday, May 06, 2010

All Is Not Well

Dead Lame Again

Tucker was totally, completely and horribly lame again this morning.  He did not even want to hobble out of his stall. And he was just as bad, if not worse this afternoon. 

Either the breakout or the poultice or just the nature of whatever is wrong with his foot all came together and completely traumatized his hoof.  I felt dreadful pulling him out of the stall to soak his hoof and change the bandage.

Scott is still planning on coming tomorrow, so perhaps he will be able to find something.  I'm not sure if he is coordinating with my vet or not. His phone message was a bit garbled as he was on his cell in a bad area.  I had to go out tonight, so I missed his call and by the time I got back home, it was too late to contact him directly, so I left a message on his service. 

I keep hoping to see some kind of discharge when I change the bandage, but so far, nothing I can find.  It certainly does look like his toe as he is trying to walk on his heel.  That could be good and it could be bad.  The toe area is where there is some sign of infection but it is also a signal of laminitis--far more serious. 

Once again it's just a matter of wait and see.  Hopefully Scott will discover something tomorrow.

Stay tuned for a report.

6 comments:

  1. Damn! Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:01 AM

    Oh no! I hope Scott finds something when he comes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Tucker. Good luck with the farrier, hope he can help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sounding more and more like an abcess - they always get worse right before they pop. Poor Tucker - keeping my fingers crossed for him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Tucker! My fingers are crossed that it's just an abcess that's getting ready to drain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a corn? had a horse had on once....but scott would have seen it...

    ReplyDelete