Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday Moodiness

And Medical Tests

I had to go to the hospital for pre admission testing...a repeat of what I had done just over a month ago. Then I have to go to my primary care physician for another looksee to OK me for my surgery. The drive down to the hospital is about 35 miles away, so it takes just under an hour, accounting for traffic lights and traffic. (40-45 minutes with no delays)

I had to leave just after noon time, so I really didn't have a lot of time to do any "horsework" beyond the basics. Instead, I spent some time gathering up some paperwork I need to send off and making copies of documents needing filing.

The hospital was quite efficient and I hardly had to wait at all. Apparently, my appointment was at a super good time. The nurse told me they had been really busy all morning long and I had arrived just at a lull. I'd even found a parking place right next to to door! Blood work, EKG, a bunch of questions, and I was done, heading home. I'm nearly set up now for the surgery provided everything checks out as I hope it will.

Grabbed a quick bite at McDonald's on the way, arrived home and changed my clothes to go out to the barn. Cleaned the stalls, and went out to catch Tucker. I was planning on a short schooling session in the arena. But, it turned out the footing was a lot wetter than I expected. I am going to have to give it a good grooming with the drag tomorrow to help it dry out and even out. What I don't like is that some of the soggier places seem to be a bit more slippery than I would have expected.

So, plan changed and instead I rode Tucker out on his trail in the woods. Again, we ran into several wetter than usual places, but for the most part the footing was pretty good. Tucker behaved himself really well again, so I was pleased.

I had a mind to ride Chance too, but for some reason, I was far too tired. I don't know if it was the long drive, or just a general lack of energy, but I surrendered to it. Instead, I poo picked the arena to prepare it for dragging, fed the Boys and came back into the house to blog.


  1. Glad you got in a good ride on Tucker. We missed the rain - some expected in the next few days - we could actually use some but I'd like the wind to die down and the rain to hold off long enough to get in a couple of sessions with Dawn. Glad the medical stuff went smoothly - may it continue to do so.

  2. Long drives and medical tests can take it out of you. I'm sure everything will go smoothly.

    Glad you got to ride Tucker.

  3. I hope you get better soon, and that your surgery goes smoothly.
    I bet your hooligans will miss you!

  4. This time of year it takes so much longer for things to dry out. With shorter days and cooler temperatures evaporation is much slower.

    Medical tests take a lot of energy - I don't know why but at least you are getting lots of them done to clear the way. Take extra good care of yourself now and fill your freezer and feed room - maybe stock up on DVD's and books to read. It's a good time of year to be stuck inside.

  5. on the subject of books, there's a new on out by Racinet..falling for fallacies.

    apparently not yet available on, but is available on