Friday, December 21, 2007


Will They Go Aglay?

Ok, here's the plan. Today, since we have a half day of school, there will be enough daylight to get the stalls properly cleaned.

I need to do it today so that if I do manage to throw my back out, I can get a chiropratic adjustment before Christmas as, for the first time ever--and good for them--the office is closed on Christmas Eve. I figured I might as well do the heavy work today.

I also have to get grain and bedding, so I may do that tomorrow morning early. I have already scheduled an adjustment at 11:30 AM on Saturday, so I do need to get up and out in the morning, as sometimes moving some of the grain can also make my back a bit dicey.

As for riding--I may either get in the saddle on Saturday afternoon, or perhaps wait until Sunday. The weather is taking a turn to the warm and only showers are predicted over the next few days, so I can be a little free about all this. The benefit of Sunday is that there will be no hunters in the woods. I am sure Chance would love a trail ride. Don't know about Tucker and Toby, but we will see.

I plan on taking it slowly as far as the riding goes. The horses have now nearly had a month off--unintentionally, of course, but that puts their fitness down considerably. As for my fitness, there's little to be said. I don't have any.

So, that's the plan.

Unless, of course, Tucker loses a shoe in the meantime.


  1. Good luck with the muck shifting!


  2. rather you than me ....

  3. Why do we spend all our holidays killing ourselves doing jobs..I quite often need to go back to work as im forced to do less due to lack of time:))))