Thursday, December 06, 2007

And Yet Again

Still Sick

I went to school yesterday, which was a mistake since I felt lousy.

Then I had a doctor's appointment for my metabolic testing and all the test results were skewed by my running a fever. Doctor told me to go home and go to bed. He gave me a note to stay home the rest of the week, so I am.

Nothing to report on the horse front, needless to say. It snowed about an inch yesterday and the Boys were stuck out with no shelter--no biggie as they have sheets--longer than I intended because I got caught in a horrendous traffic jam on the way home.

I had opted to take the road parallel to mine as turning directly to my road from its cross intersection is really hazardous. But, I was sitting in traffic for nearly a half hour only to find that I couldn't get to my road from that end as it was police barricaded. So I turned around and headed back to the intersection option which was also all tied up and barricaded. I turned anyhow and told the officer I lived on the road and he let me get home--finally--more than an hour later than I should have been.

The Boys were quite pleased to see me, but not really too upset. I'd left them plenty of hay in the morning and there was still some left, so they didn't starve.

I did move the tub with the heater over to the ring, so they also had plenty of water.

Not perfect, but if I can get the shed out of the trees and set back up this weekend, it won't be half bad.

4 comments:

  1. there, i knew you shouldn't have gone!

    so what was the incident that led to the police barricade?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon!

    C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some kind of accident, but no details. That intersection is very dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive been under it too this week...not nice when you feel pants!

    But at least you've got snow we've just got wind,rain and mud:((,
    am I showing my age that I still get excited about snow??

    ReplyDelete