Friday, July 08, 2011

Problem Solved

With Another Problem

Toby was hysterical when I went out for evening feed this evening.  Chance and Tucker were in the pasture, just out of sight and Toby was calling and circling in his stall.

I gave him some hay, got the feed and called the other two Boys in.

Along came Tucker, three legged lame, limping badly on his left front foot. When I first looked, I thought he had simply lost his shoe. But no. The shoe was twisted on his foot and he was walking on both it and the front clinch.  I managed to get the shoe off completely, but he was still lame on that foot.

I didn't do anything with it for now as ideally, I'd like to have Scott look at it first, but Tucker is locked in his stall next to Toby for now. If his foot needs treatment, I guess the problem of Toby's being upset staying in alone has been solved.

Sometimes bad things have a bright side, depending on your perspective. Bad for Tucker, good for Toby.

Hopefully Tucker hasn't done any serious damage.....*sigh*

5 comments:

  1. That is a bummer, but at least you know the cause. That's much better than mystery lameness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When it rains it pours, eh?

    I agree with your perspective, though... at least Toby will have a buddy now. And Chance will probably relish not getting picked on as much. He gets to be herd boss for once! Of course, his herd only has him in it, but it's still something.

    Hoping your boys make a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:19 PM

    Sorry to hear that - hope the problem is short-lived.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's not good, but hopefully it's just a little sore for a day. Meanwhile Toby has company and can relax a little. You have a good perspective on things. It's always something isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, two at once but Tucker's misfortune is Toby's gain.

    ReplyDelete