Sunday, September 12, 2010

Lost The Window

Of Opportunity, That Is

I had to go back to my eye doctor in the morning as now my right eye was irritated.  Apparently, my eyes have been dry--something I've never really had to cope with --and that caused my contact lenses to scratch my eyes. I now need to put drops in my eyes, wear my glasses for a week, and then use wetting drops in my eyes after I start wearing my lenses again.  I'll have to be careful to use the drops whenever my eyes feel dry. Don't know if the weather has had an effect or what, but apparently all will be well.

Then, the sun was out and it was warming up again for the afternoon.  But I had a campaign meeting to go to. I thought it would be over by 5 or so and I'd get home in time to take Chance out, but no.  The meeting lasted until after 6 and by the time I got home to feed the Boys--and hour late, I'd lost the window of opportunity.  Once they'd eaten and their tummies rested, it was starting to get dark.

I really didn't feel like doing any arena work in the dust, so I opted out and figured I take my chances.

If I count on riding today, Sunday, that will surely bring on the rain. So, since we need the rain, I am counting on riding after church.

It's cloudy and cool and I will just keep hoping.

2 comments:

  1. When I read the title, I thought "Oh, no! Not another mishap!" I'm glad to hear it was just a window of opportunity. I had visions of another tree coming down and through the window!

    My eyes have also been really itchy and dry, I think it's allergies. Luckily I don't wear contact lenses.

    We've got rain down here! I drug the sprinkler all over the pastures yesterday, that always does the trick. I call it my "rain dance". *L*

    ReplyDelete
  2. less issues with glasses. i was just reading a case about a chap with contact lenses who got an infection...nasty (not from his lenses, but can't have helped)

    ReplyDelete