Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Timed Out

A Little Set Back

My lower back was bothering me a lot this morning. I honestly do not think it had and direct relationship to riding, as riding has never quite caused this problem. But, it is still a residual effect from the earlier injury.

Instead of lunging Tucker this morning, I lunged him up and down his hills this afternoon. I elected not to ride because I had to schedule my chiropractic appointment for 6 PM, leaving me less than two hours to do whatever I needed to do.

Tuck is really funny when he does these lunges, trying to find some way to cut corners whenever possible. Towards the end, with me doing nearly as much work trying to drive him out on the circle to gain maximum "hill time," he started cantering up. I suspect he was getting a little tired, which is a good thing. The idea here is to build muscles in his hind end, and that doesn't happen without at least a little fatigue.

Since I am experimenting with the "Idiot Proof Diet" to see if I can indeed lose 9 pounds in 11 days, when I came back into the house, I had to fix up a veggie dish for dinner. The diet is really weird, but so far--8 days in--I seem to have lost nearly 7 pounds. If indeed I reach target by Saturday, I can then binge for three days and I'll go through another 11 day cycle to lose another 9 or so pounds. If I can shed 20 pounds, I will be a happy camper. I will keep you all posted on this one.

Now fully adjusted again, I will not work another horse tonight. I am currently planning on getting up early enough in the morning to ride Tucker, as the forecast is calling for rain starting tomorrow afternoon and going through Friday.

Since I suppose I will be having another lesson on Saturday, I would like to have some more saddle time in.

Busy, busy.

1 comment:

  1. "idiot proof diet" hmmmm, not convinced at all LOL. Every time I lost weight too fast, I put on the double in half the time. But then I do have a "funny" metabolism".

    You should also have your thyroid and glycemia checked. Just to check you do not have a metabolism problem, blocking any weight loss ( my personal case).

    I bet Tucker is going to be very strong soon ^-^

    ReplyDelete