Friday, August 31, 2007

Busy Non-Horsey Day

Anticipation

Of many things. Friday noon will bring the communication with Tucker, so that will be interesting.

Now, the prospect of school has brightened considerably. I met with my principal today, (Thursday) and we have modified my teaching schedule. We added a senior class, and took out two of the non-college prep freshman classes. This way, I can use the coursework and materials I have for the college prep kids without having to invent all kinds of lessons for the classes I haven't taught in years. Now, I have good course work for all the classes I have and will be able to build on and improve that curriculum even more instead of spending time starting all over again. It's not perfect, but it is SO much better!

And the Church choir season has started again. We will be singing as a group at the Sunday service, but I will also be doing a solo during the offeratory. It is an uncomplicated hymn with the words, "You satisfy the hungry heart with gift of finest wheat.." quite suitable for communion. Apparently, the minister will be using that concept either in his sermon or the bible reading for this week.

I was kind of hot to ride and since we had a dinner before choir, I could not ride in the cool of the evening.

I'll feel better about riding after I talk to Tucker anyhow. I hope to also have a brief conversation with Chance and Toby as well to just check on their feelings too. My next post should be a fun read.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot wait to hear your "conversations" too ;-D
    I am glad your school work has been sorted. It was not fair to make you prepare a new course just weeks before the school start.

    Waiting for the AC ...

    ReplyDelete