Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Busy, Busy

How the Time Flies and Drags at the Same Time

I have all kinds of little chores to complete before my surgery. This morning I had my last physical therapy and chiropractic adjustment until who knows when. Then I stopped at the Vitamin Shoppe on the way home to pick up some supplements to help my recovery.

Once I was back home, I put the decorations up on the horse barn, including the Christmas star. Then, it occurred to me that I needed to put a grave blanket/cover on my parents' grave for Christmas and this would be the last opportunity before I could not do any lifting. I got some wire, my clippers and creative intent and cut some greenery including some of the beautiful holly to make my own blanket. I used to buy one, but I always added some greens from home and now I find it much more personal to make one all of our own evergreens. I had a nice red bow to add and by the time I was done, it did look quite nice. I drove over to the cemetery, said a few words, and placed it on the grave.

On the way home, I stopped at the supermarket to fill in a few things on my shopping list. By the time I got back, it was closing in on when I had to leave to meet my friend from school for an early dinner. I headed out early so I could stop at Barnes and Noble to get some books for hospital entertainment, went to dinner and headed for the second supermarket to finish up the shopping on my list. We have at least five different markets for general shopping, all of which feature different sales each week. I'd read over some of the advertising fliers, and knew what I wanted to buy where, but even so, I probably did not get the best possible deals. All I know is that I have food to carry me through the first part of my home recovery with not too much work to do on my part.

As you may have noted, there was not much time to ride/work the Boys again. And, I'm not sure about today either. I still have to get some extra cat food for the outdoor kitty, and two checks came in the mail that I need to get to my chiropractor's office, so I might head out to PetSmart at some point and drop the checks off on the trip. I need to tidy up the kitchen...a lot and put the new food somewhere easy to reach. I did manage to get the new matress pad sorted out in the bedroom last night, and do one load of laundry...one more to go.

I am thinking that somewhere in the daylight hours I will be able to get a trail ride in, at least, but you never know.

4 comments:

  1. Thinking of you, I hope everything goes fine.
    Take care

    Muriel

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like it's all pretty much covered. Hope you do get a ride in sometime before tomorrow. Good luck and I'll be sending good thoughts your way for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your surgery.

    When you have the time if you would. I have never heard of a grave blanket......Is there any history behind this activity?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:08 PM

    There are always a million little and big things to attend to when you're trying to get things arranged - good luck - hope you get in a ride and best of luck with the surgery!

    ReplyDelete