Wednesday, December 02, 2009

I Surrender

No Saddle Time After All

However I managed to spend the whole day and still not finish "things," I'll never know, but I never did ride. Perhaps it's just as well, as then I will not miss it quite so much. If I'd had a splendid time, I'd be itching to do it all again...and for the time being, I can't.

I had to drop off some insurance checks at the chiropractor, then I went to get some more cat food, then I stopped at the Vitamin Shoppe to get my $20 off, then I went to get my hair cut, and last of all, I stopped at the bank to do a bit of financial stuff.

I went to the supermarket again...I have enough food to last the winter, I think....mostly to get fresh asparagus on sale and ended up buying a bunch of other stuff. Important stuff like carrots and apples for the Boys!!!!

Then, I decided to move the electronic keyboard out of the living room into the sunroom and before I knew it, I started a whole organizing project in there. It's kind of finished, with a bit more to do. I figured it might be kind of nice to hang out in there during recovery, so I needed a cleanup and some lamp repair/placement and...well, before I knew it, it was feeding time for the Boys.

That led me out to the barn and a new broom I had to assemble. That done, the aisle swept, I put the feed in the stalls and invited the Boys in. By was raining, so any hope of catching even a school in the arena was kind of washed up.

Now all I have to do is finish up the laundry, find a place to put all the food I bought, and pack a little bag to take to the hospital.

Now, on to grave blankets. These are decorations of greenery, etc. put on graves as memorials during the holidays. It's like putting flowers on a grave to remember someone, and the tradition of greenery during the winter began because there are no flowers. Some people just put wreaths by the tombstones, but I think a spray of greens/holly/and ribbon looks nicer. Using greens from our yard honors both my parents. My mother used to love to bring holly and evergreens into the house for the holidays and my dad was an incredible gardner, so using our own beautiful plants seems to speak my love for them both.

Come to think of it, if I am up and around enough to take a walk in the woods before Christmas, I might see if I can find some standing pine to add to the blanket. My mother used to pick it every year to keep in the house over the holidays and I've seen quite a few nice patches in the woods--none of which would suffer if I cut a few fronds.

Signing off for a few days. My friend, who will be taking care of the horses, has some email addys to send news to my blogger friends. Hopefully you will hear from me sooner than later.

Now, where the heck am I going to put ten cans of soup and five boxes of instant oatmeal and....? *lol*


  1. Hope everything goes okay with the op and you are back soon.
    Take carexx

  2. Anonymous7:20 PM

    Take care - will be thinking of you.

  3. Wow, another busy day. The sunroom sounds like a great place to recuperate. A great place to read a book,blog or whatever. You should have enough food for an army. Good luck tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you.

  4. An extra day with no work won't hurt the boys, I'm glad you got yourself situated. The sunroom is a perfect place to sit during your recovery. I'll be thinking of you. Take care!

  5. the news is jean had her surgery at 10.00 am local time (she's 5 hours behind the UK) and is recovering well enough to receive a visitor last night

  6. and jean's horses have been shod, so tucker now has one on each foot (for now!) and you will all recall that Jean plays ball with Scott's dog... Mic the dog was apparently very disappointed... see my blog...

  7. monday 0921 GMT- Jean apparently was home by 5 pm Sunday her time and doing ok.