Thursday, June 25, 2009

Last Day

Quick Post

As I head out to school for my last day as a classroom teacher, I find I just can't quite grasp the emotional link to the significance of the day. I'm sure I will have plently of emotional responses at school, but the enormity of the event in my life hasn't hit yet.

This might be because it is also the end of the school year when I normally would have two months off before starting up again. So, I suspect I will finally come to terms with it all in September when I don't have to go back.

In the meantime....guess what!!??? It rained yesterday.

What a surprise! After all, we needed it after the hour or so of sunshine we had late morning to midday. Gee, things might have dried out.

Crossed the paddock this morning to put out my fly predators and sank into mud where there has not been mud before. To put it bluntly, there is mud everywhere! And it's not nice mud, either. Things had barely dried out after the winter thaw, so we are talking MUD here.

I am sick of mud. I am sick of the wet.

But then again, I am retiring, so I'll have plenty of time to deal with it.

More later.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! It's your last day. No more hot class room. I'm sure you'll adjust once you get used to the idea and look how much free time you will get to spend with the ponies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope everyone made your last day a good one.....

    and have a hug! i remember when i left my first job after 10 years, and a lot of good friends...

    ReplyDelete