Thursday, January 08, 2009

Rather Brisk

But At Least It's Not Raining

I was able to let Tucker out by the barn for the day as the muddy ground was frozen and showed no signs of thawing. As a matter of fact, when I got home from school, I put the winter blankets on all three Boys as the temperatures had dropped again.

Needless to say, it was too cold and frozen to ride, and this time tomorrow does not look any better. Then there is supposed to be snow on Saturday.

The Boy's winter blankets (rugs) are all waterproof, so they will be fine. They have plenty of shelter with the barn and run-ins all open to them 24-7 so I don't worry too much about them. The winds are annoying, but again they have several shelter options facing in at least two different directions to the weather.

Apparently, the electrical inspector finally approved my solar system as there was a tag on it when I went out to feed. I have no idea if the State government people where here for their inspection, and at this point I hardly care. The whole thing slipped out of my control a long time ago.

I did see the panel read that the system had generated 9.4kwh of energy today. I have not idea if that's good or not. At least we had sunshine!!

It seems all our blogs (even the ones at blogblog, Muriel *lol* ) are becoming weather reports. I totally agree with Caroline. No point in trying to ride when you are going to freeze your fingers off. When I was younger, I rode in the bitter cold. No more. Old age, wisdom, and horses in the back yard where I can watch them from a warm window have changed me.

Tucker and his simple or flying changes are just going to have to wait.

2 comments:

  1. You are all chicken! Only kidding ^-^
    even on wednesday Mirella closed teh school, becuase it was too cold. But yesterday it was -1 to 0 degrees, and today it is much warmer and sunny 2 to 3 degrees. It is quite feasible to work with horses.

    Yep our blog all seem to be weather report LOl

    ReplyDelete
  2. we'll all get the english problem of being unable to talk about anything except the weather...

    ReplyDelete