Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Another Day, Another Dollar

Taxes Done
The yearly ritual is over. I did just fine. This was the scene I found when I finally got home. Looks like I'm not the only one on vacation! Toby in the forefront, Tucker flat out, and Chance facing the fence. Who was standing on guard??

Headed out for alfalfa cubes afterwards. Noticed that the feed prices on the pellets I used to buy have gone up again, so I am doing all right so far with the grain switch over to the high fat brand at the other store. The high fat I was buying for Tucker is up to $20 US for 50 pounds!

Did a little grocery shopping before heading home. Then I ate some of it for lunch.

I finally went out to ride in the later afternoon. This time I decided to ride Toby, work Chance and then Tucker.

Toby and I went out on a nice little hack in the woods. It was a little chillier than I'd expected--had a turtleneck and sweatshirt on, could've used a light jacket. (Sorry, those of you who are under snow and ice.)

I was going to long line Chance and decided instead to ride him. I'm glad I did. There was a considerable improvement in his steering and response to the bit. He's still not where he needs to be, but he was much better with his head and his body--not falling in on the shoulder as he had been. I think I will alternate the in-hand work with some riding now. I was pretty pleased about that.

So we went on a nice little hack in the woods as well. He was a really good boy.

Tucker was hanging out in Toby's stall while I was grooming Chance after the ride. But, when I went in with the halter to catch him, he walked off, sending the clear message that he didn't want to come in with me. While he sometimes does this just to play with me, I just let him go. He can have a day off now and then.

It was feeding time by then anyhow. I fed them, then came back in to feed myself with a nice salad.

Two vacation days flown by. *sigh*

3 comments:

  1. Holidays are for relaxing! Do not feel guilty to take you time. And ride when you feel like. It is real holidays.

    I love the photo. £ bright Orange horses ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo - they sure know how to relax! It's a dilemma during break - whether to really relax and rest or do more to make going back to work easier.

    ML

    ReplyDelete