Monday, October 12, 2009

Still Tired

So I Went Shopping And....

Needed to pick up an adapter to get my fax working and at the mall, I met up with a fellow retired teacher I had not seen in months.

The next time I think of complaining about my circumstances, I will have to reconsider. She has some problem health issues and has had one family tragedy after another within the last year or so. I, on the other hand, have had only minor "bumps" along my life's road recently, so in comparison, my burden has been light.

We decided to have a late lunch together to chat and spent a couple hours enjoying old times. She shed some interesting light on some of the things that had gone on at the school when we were both there, giving me a new perspective on "how things work" behind the scenes. Once again, it proved I had made the right decision to retire now before I was completely worn down by the "system," that seems to want to swallow up creativity and energy.

But speaking of energy, by the time I got back home, I was still too tired to do anything with the Boys.

But, then again, I also got distracted by other events.

First. the farm my community action group has been trying to save for nearly five years now has been purchased for preservation!! Actually, I should be more excited, but at the moment it is all a bit too overwhelming to completely take in. Apparently, there should be a press conference tomorrow making the official announcement. And, on Thursday night, representatives of our group are supposed to attend the Freeholders' (county governing body) meeting to speak our piece--and I guess, say thanks. So that is...excuse the expression....awesome cool!!

Then, I got a call from Stacie telling me she has bought a horse! This was a mare she had tried and loved when she had gone out to Indiana with our trainer. She was not sure about buying her then, but since, after long consideration, decided to go for it. Hopefully she will be delivered within the month. Again...awesome cool!!

Now, if I can get some of my paperwork sorted out here, I will be able to celebrate both events with full enthusiasm. And maybe get myself into the saddle.

I gave Tucker a very short lunge going on the left. Unless my eyes are betraying me, I still see a little limp. At this point, I will have to ride him to see if it is actually there, so that is the plan for tomorrow. If he is sound enough, I will give him a very short school and then go out for a hack. I've also put in a call to my shoer to see if he has any other suggestions or thoughts on what might be going on.

Sometimes things just work out and sometimes they don't. Life is always an interesting adventure.


  1. Sounds like congratulations are in order for you and Stacie! I think this time of year is especially tiring - with the change in temperature and light, we all slow down a little.

  2. There's only so much we can all do and so much we can fit into one day. This time of year I think we are all adjusting to the weather and I seem to be more tired too. Good news on Stacie's new horse, I hope it works out well for both of them. Good news too on saving the farm. Congratulations to both events. Tucker sounds like he's getting better, maybe by tomorrow he will be completely healed. Good luck.

  3. Yeah for Stacie's new horse...very exciting!

  4. I cannot wait to hear from Stacie's new mare ^-^

    Days can go fast ...

    My hubby told me that we have lived HALF our life by teh age of 18 ??? O_o
    But it is true when you are young time seems so slow, then it just flies!

  5. I'm glad I'm not retired. I don't think I have the energy for it.