Monday, May 18, 2009

Nothing To Report

Sunday Off

Intended to ride or something and ended up cleaning the house instead.

After church I went to lunch with my friends, came home and a wave of tiredness swept over me again.

Well, I did pluck some nice grass for the Boys. I considered turning them out on the lawn again, but decided I was too busy inside to watch them so I changed my mind.

This week is supposed to be pretty nice, so I have every intention of working them.

The road....paved with good intentions???

On a side note. It looks like my students did hardly any of the work I left them when the subs were covering my classes all last week. I am not kind about this. The work was handed out. Therefore it should have been done. Double grades for all work I leave when there is a sub. That means 10 zeroes for each student who did not complete anything.

This does not bode well.

I will not be handing out duplicate copies of the assignments either. If a student does not have what the sub handed out, then he/she will just have to get a copy from somewhere else. The only exception will be students who were absent. This time I carefully counted the number of copies of each assignment I made, so there are and will be no extras.

'T'will be interesting.

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh - double dose of Spring Fever and Substitute Teacher . . . time for reality check, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:57 AM

    Sounds like the subs didn't exactly sub . . . After a big event like your play, it'll take a while to recover - at least it would for me. With the nice weather coming on, I'll bet you'll be back out there before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the question then is - were they in fact handed out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The school I work in has younger kids, 11-16 but the same issue with subs and homework. In one class, only one student handed in homework I heard. The problem is that the science department does not have a standard policy/penalty for not doing homework. Can you imagine? Crazy. How can they possibly expect kids to do homework under those conditions? However, I am sure that your kids were well informed of the consequences.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh tough but exactly what is needed,it drives me mad here how many allowances and excuses are made!

    ReplyDelete