Cold, rainy, windy day. Hope this weather is not crossing the Atlantic to add to British woes.
It was supposed to get warm, but I don't think it every really did.
Needless to say, no horse activity today. I locked Tucker back in his pen/stall as the mud is coming back. Right now, there is just a super wet, slippery layer on top of the still frozen lower strata, but the sun and warmer temps on the weekend will make that deep sticky stuff.
I cleaned the little drainage ditches out of the arena again, so the water should flow out of the areas where it can escape, but "Lake Follywood," the large mud puddle that settles in the east end is back with a vengeance. I have some fill to put in there if I can dig it out of the pile it's settled into, but that will have to wait for spring.
Spring. Didn't Caroline say, "Right around the corner?" Big corner, I fear. Big, wet, corner.
A word on cat licenses. One of the reasons behind them is to assure that all cats have their rabies shots. Public health and safety issue. My kitties never go outside so the rabies threat is really minimal, but I still keep them up to date. My horses get rabies shots too. We have had a few rabid animals in the area over the last few years.