Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sunday Funday

And This Is Supposed to be a Horse Blog!

So what did I do today?

Well, I spent the better part of the morning watching a riveting Tour de France. It was a powerful mountain climbing stage finally won by rookie Alberto Contador of Team Discovery--Lance Armstrong's old team. Contador is in his first Tour, and is a young rider, so his efforts were quite special, especially since he was in a duel with the leading rider in the yellow jersey, Michael Rasmussen.

Once the race was over, I headed off for a Sunday brunch at the home of my choir director. It's the "Sunday after church lunch crew," and we had a really good time. Everyone is well versed in many subjects and the conversation can be really interesting.

We also watched the short film that won the Academy Award--"West Bank Story"--and shared a few laughs at that. Really clever take off on "West Side Story" set in Palestine. If you ever get a chance to see it, do so. It's worth the 15-20 minutes. We also watched an animated short, "Maestro" that didn't win, but was even more clever. What fun!

I came back home around 3:30 or so, and settled at the computer to check my email, when my young cousin came a' knocking at my door to invite me over to my Aunt's house next door for a picnic.

Well, how could I refuse? I was still pretty full from the brunch, but all my cousins were there, so the socializing was far too appealing. I fed the Boys and walked over.

You know how that goes. More good food and conversation brought us well into the evening. I did enlist the help of my two young cousins and one dad to unload my hay--finally. So that is nicely stacked in the carport and the truck and trailer are once again out of the driveway parked alongside the tractor garage.

So, 'round about 8:30 PM, I finally got back home, and that was that. While I could have gone out to work a horse, I surrendered to peoples' company instead.

I am sure, if the weather heats up again this week--which it will--I will have some regrets for missing out on today--nice breeze and low humidity--but it was worth it. I had a really good day both for my brain and my tummy.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great way to spend your day the boys aren't going anywhere, they will be ready...

    ReplyDelete