Thursday, January 18, 2007

Shoes On--For Now

And I Am Paranoid

Every time I see Tucker, the first thing I do is look at his feet to see if the shoes are still on.

Today the ground was frozen, so he was out. Now, though, at just past 6:30 PM, the temperature is rising again. My ring footing wasn't bad, so I lunged him for about 25 minutes or so. We both got fairly wet as the drizzle was trying to become rain or snow, or something.
I put the cooler on him and locked him in the stall, where he is going to spend the night and, probably the day tomorrow. I just can't risk having him out in the mud. I hate leaving him in, but he is pretty good about it, so for now, it's the only solution.

We had the first snowfall of the season this afternoon. Nothing spectacular, just a dusting, but for once, it actually looked like winter. I don't know what the future promises, but I can do without the white stuff.

Saturday, I am supposed to trailer the young rider who helped me with Chance to a jumping lesson. Sad to say, problems at her stable make it awkward for anyone from there to help her. She and her mom are good friends of mine, so I don't mind, but it's too bad things aren't better for her where she boards.

The barn politics are one thing I certainly don't miss about boarding my horses out. At least having them home, I don't have anyone to argue with about care, riding time, turnout, feeding, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment