Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Whacky Day

The Bank Is Done

Lovely day again.

This time, though, I took advantage to get some work done outside. I hooked up the weed whacker and started in on the front bank. The grass and weeds had gotten really thick. It makes it hard to see when you pull out of the driveway.

It's rather a hazardous job with the traffic on the road too. Most cars and trucks do not slow down when they go past. And the often do not move over to give me a little extra room for safety. Luckily I somehow managed to pick a time when the traffic wasn't too bad. Only one big truck went by and when it did, I "hugged" the bank. As you may recall, this bank is nearly 200' long, so that took some time.

Then I did the trimming under the trees and around the front of the house. That still leaves the area along the side fence, the back of the house, and trimming around the barn area.

Claire would appreciate this. When I was done, my left hand was all tingley and weak. The vibration of the weed whacker had severely affected the nerves. It took quite a while for the sensation to go away.

I ended the day with a nice swim.

Thought about doing something with the Boys but was pretty worn out by that time.

Ain't as young as I used to be. *G*

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:57 AM

    I'm always amazed at the amount of heavy physical labor you can do - you leave me in the dust!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good house/land-keeper you are! I am terrible, I go FIRST play with my mare, then I go food-shopping, cook and clean!
    Don't do any gardening I am REALLY allergic to plant. I only water my cactus, when I think about it ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have trouble with the weedwhacking too. Haven't done it in a while, due to lingering wrist and elbow injuries. All that vibration really roughs up the arms. Sure looks nice when it's done, though!

    ReplyDelete