Saturday, September 19, 2009

Driving Around All Day

And A Visit to My Chiropractor

I scheduled an adjustment for myself this morning, got taken care of in good time and headed for PetSmart to pick up some cat food for my kitties. I bought enough to hold us for a while, and drove home, only to find that the clerk had mistakenly rung up ten of my cans twice.

I called the store and they told me if I went back they would make an adjustment. Off I went again. This is, by the way a 15-20 minute drive. Now that means that already I'd gone once and come home, so I was repeating that round trip. Instead of getting a refund I opted for ten more cans, and the clerk who waited on me was quite pleased as I guess it saved him a bit of paperwork needed to issu a refund.

Then, I decided to check out a local craft store to see if they had some bobbins for my sewing machine and a glass jar for my squirrel feeder since the first one broke. That trip took me another 15 minutes in a different direction and a much larger circle to get home. I found the bobbins in a different store nearby, grabbed a quick lunch at McDonalds and headed home.

Less than a half hour later, the phone rang. It was my good friend Shelley. She lives up in North Jersey, but was down here to get her hair cut and hoped to meet me for lunch. I never want to miss a chance to spend some time with her, so I agreed. I wasn't very hungry, but figured a salad would do after a cheeseburger. (I was not a good girl.)

Guess what? The diner where we usually meet is less than a block from the store where I bought the bobbins less than an hour before! Ah well. I drove back.

It was worth it, of course because Shelley and I had a great visit with good conversation as always. We have been friends now for nearly 25 years, so we get along super well and generally agree on most things. And even when we don't, it doesn't matter much.

By then, it was well into the afternoon. When I got back home, it was time to feed both the Boys and the kitties.

I am pleased to report that it looks as if the swelling is completely gone from Chance's hind leg. I did not trot him off, but he was walking quite comfortably, so I hope that if I try to work him tomorrow he will be OK.

Since I had chiropractic, I decided not to ride Tucker either. Weak excuse, perhaps, but after all the driving back and forth I was pretty worn out. At least I have some bobbins so now I have no excuse of not stitching up some of the salvagable ripped sheets/rugs in the barn.

But as they say, tomorrow is another day. I'll put off the sewing until then.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:19 PM

    You're brave to undertake your own blanket/sheet repairs - I'm not up to that myself. Excellent that you had a nice lunch with a friend - makes the drive worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Another seamstress! Thank goodness! I thought I was the only one left! It seems the art of sewing just isn't as prevalent in our disposable society these days.
    Sounds like you did more driving miles than anything else today..LOL! Bless Chance for working so hard on his laments. It's so hard when we can only watch what they are feeling and not know for sure! Horse have quite a lengthy threshhold for pain eh?
    Tomorrow is another to ride and play with the horses so have fun!


    tailwindssouth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was NOT a weak excuse, after an adjustement you must take some time off!!!

    One of my Christmas present thsi year has to be a sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete