Sunday, May 18, 2008

Missed the Window

And So Came the Rain

It was lovely this morning, but I had to go to church. On the way home, I had to stop at the feed store to stock up.

Came home, unloaded some 700 lbs. of grain and went into the house to recover a little.

In the meantime, the skies darkened, and within an hour or so, it started to rain--hard.

Tucker was turned out with the others, but when I looked out, everyone was settled in under the run in, so I didn't bother putting him in.

I think the showers will be off and on the rest of the night and, apparently well through tomorrow. Prospects look bleak for much riding.

Had to laugh about Caroline's comment about the border collies. Jack, when he was younger, never did wear out. Now, at 15, he has finally slowed down. But the pup, Mic, just kept going and going like a little windup toy. Scott is great with them, though, and when the dogs travel with him, they usually have the run of the farms where he shoes. Jack was always very well behaved and I am sure Mic will be no exception.

1 comment:

  1. 700lbs .... I need to get that into kilos to know how much work that was .... divide by 2.25 .....311 kilos @ 25kg a sack = 12 and a half sacks. Yup, that's a lot of work!!!

    C

    ReplyDelete