Thursday, July 02, 2009

Dull Day At Follywoods

Nothing Going On

Woke up with a stiff neck, again, so it was off to the chiropractor. The weather forecast was for storms in the afternoon, so on the way home I stopped at the pool to do my laps.

Well, the storms never did materialize, but the heat and humidity certainly did. I just surrendered and accomplished absolutely nothing worthwhile all day.

Well, I did do some clothes sorting, and a bit of cleaning, and some pet food shopping.

After all, it is summer vacation.

Actually, I think, as the day wore on, that the humidity dropped so tomorrow morning might be OK to do some horsework. If I can, I will try to take a picture of my resident turkey as well. And I should also go to the Township municipal building to do some research on my flooding issue and the ill maintained infiltration basin. I also need to go the the feed store for grain and alfalfa cubes.

I need to do most of that tomorrow because on Saturday, two events will consume my time. Here in the USA, the Fourth of July is the celebration of our national Independence Day. But it is also the first day of the Tour de France. Now, every year, I swear I will not spend hours in front of the TV watching guys bicycle across France. And every year, I get totally addicted and do spend hours watching the race. Since Lance Armstrong is riding again, my addiction will be even more intense than the last several years.

Of course, Le Tour will not take up the whole day as the stages are usually done by 11 AM or so here on USA TV. So, later in the afternoon I will be going to my friend's picnic across the woods. Not sure when I'll go or how long I'll stay, but since it's so close, I can commute back and forth as the spirit moves me so maybe, just maybe, I will manage to spend some time horsing around.

So it looks like I will be in and out for the next few days, joyfully able to ignore the clock as I spend my summer trying to get something worthwhile accomplished.

Meantime, the Boys don't seem to mind too much. Today they were in the pasture in the morning and the front paddocks...under the shade trees...in the afternoon. There's grass to nibble on in both places so they seemed quite content. Maybe I should learn from them how to enjoy a summer day.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:21 AM

    I could do with a bit of heat myself - we're supposed to get some low 80s today - but dang that it usually comes with the humidity! Have a relaxing Fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often thought my dog had it all figured out. You know how they are, naps frequently all day long and then a good long night time snooze.

    I find the east coast humidity unbearable! We lived in Maryland off and on for a year and a half and it was just suffocating. So I totally sympathize with your lack of enthusiasm for riding in those conditions. Horses find it hard too; it's hard to cool off in the humidity.

    Take a break and enjoy the 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you know i've been trying to get your blog to load properly for hourse! so have lost the sponteneity of what i was originally going to say...

    wish i knew why it's only your bit of the blogging universe that my pc struggles with!

    ReplyDelete