Friday, May 24, 2013

Busy, Busy

As the Rains Come Down

I did manage to get some good walks in, but the horses? Not a ride.

Wednesday was chiropractor day, so I do not, as a rule ride. Since I went shopping after my appointment, I did some "shop walking," which includes the trek in to the stores from the parking lot.  I will sometimes park a good distance from the doors just to add to the exercise program.

Yesterday, Thursday, I did put in nearly two miles. I walked over to the sandpit to pay part of my hay bill and then headed back on a longer, circuitous route that led me along the shore of the lake--quite a lovely view--and back through the woods behind my house.

I got home just in time because about 20 minutes later, the skies opened in a downpour.

I was meeting a friend from school for an early dinner and the drive over was borderline hazardous. Let's put it this way--it's a good thing I know the roads as well as I do. Otherwise, with my windshield wipers going full tilt, I still might have run off the road since I could hardly see a thing. It was simply pouring.

We had a nice dinner of soup and salad at the Olive Garden--it's a great buy for a meal--and caught up on all the school gossip.

Home again, I fed the Boys and headed out for choir rehearsal.

Now I am pondering another walk, but it's threatening to rain any minute again, so I'm not too sure what to do. Showers are OK, but if there's a downpour like yesterday, I don't want to be out in it.

I need to mow the lawn again, but it is far too wet to do that.  And, until it clears up, riding is not on the list either.

Ah, well, the sun will shine again, or at least the threatening clouds will roll away.

Until then, I guess I'll just have to play fetch with Patrick.

2 comments:

  1. We've had some major downpours with thunder here too. Not looking good for the weekend either. At least you got a lot accomplished in the time you were out . Have fun with Patrick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This rain is a bummer, and it's cold, too! The grass in my pastures is growing like crazy, though, so I won't complain too much. My tack needs cleaning, too, and it's a good day for that. But, I'd much rather be riding!

    ReplyDelete