Sunday, May 27, 2012

Back In the Swim

The Pool Is Open!

Crystal Springs is open on the weekends until school lets out for the year.

It's been raining, but it's also been warm, so today, after church in the late afternoon, I went for my first outdoor swim of the season. The water was chilly, but not really cold. One of those, "It feels really good once you're wet," kind of days.

I swam my ten laps and did a good 15 or more minutes of underwater bicycle with my legs.  Then I took two rounds on the Lazy River. It was so refreshing and wonderful!! I hope to go back tomorrow, weather permitting and then I'll swim at least once indoors during the week when I substitute again.

Love it.

If I get a bit more fit swimming, I think that will inspire me to do some riding as well. Exercise tends to give me an energy boost.

In the meantime, I need to get the fans set up in the barn for the Boys. It's already getting "summer hot" and they need some relief.

The summer season is upon us all.

3 comments:

  1. It's so great that you have pools you can use. Swimming is such a good exercise. I know what you mean about exercise, it does seem to give me more energy too. As an added bonus I sleep better too. Now I just have to get motivated to start walking or cycling again.

    Our fans are in full use already. It's been so hot and humid so quickly. Add flies to the mix and the horses look really miserable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have inspired me to check out the local outdoor pool and get swimming. I can probably talk Gus into it too - we know that would be good for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hurray...and with your new knees, you'll be swimming a lot better as well!

    ReplyDelete