Monday, August 18, 2008

Just In Case

Internet Connection Problems

If I disappear from the Internet again, it is because something is seriously wrong with my DSL connection. That also means I may miss the Grand Prix Freestyle tomorrow morning in which case I will be furious as I have been on the phone to my ISP several times already.

Right now, it is loading pages slower than my old regular phone connection ever did.

If I cannot see the freestyles, I will drive to school and access the results and perhaps catch a few rides on the Internet there. ARGH!!!!! I am so upset, I cannot even express my annoyance.

Anyhow, team gold for USA in the Nations Cup show jumping. Amazing rides and an equally amazing jump-off between the US and Canada for the gold. Wow!

I lunged Tucker and Chance today in the morning. The heat was already building, but I gave them each a light workout. Tucker looks perfectly sound, so if I have time tomorrow I will ride him at some point. The Olympics may keep me occupied in the morning, but if I am blacked out by this stupid connection, maybe I will go out and ride my own fantasy freestyle. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Didn't do much else except start to clean the back porch which has become another one of those "catch all" rooms in the house. I still have more to do but I made a good start.

After messing with the computer again, I went for a swim and got home in time to see about an hour of the jumping replay on television. The dressage will be shown tomorrow night as well, but it's not the same as watching in real time. Still, it's something.

Don't know how long it's going to take for this to post, but hopefully, it will be on the Internet before tomorrow.

Meantime, as I said, if I go missing, you will know why.

Don't panic! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Oh I hope you won't be away fro too long.

    On which site can you watch the Olympic game?

    ReplyDelete
  2. a lot of it's going up on youtube pretty quick! and one girl put some music to balagur's grand prix (look for "iloveharrykinkin" as the person uploading, horse's name spelt balgur - did a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news on Tucker.

    C

    ReplyDelete