Thursday, June 06, 2013

OK, So Now What

Weather Change

So the weather changed for the better and I went in to substitute teach. I went for a nice swim after school and then just had enough time to get out the food to take to my friend's house for dinner.

It's the Tuesday night supper club presently consisting of the Four Musketeers. We may expand during the summer but for now it's my church choir director and two other members of the choir having a night out eating. This time it was hot dogs, potato salad, baked beans, tossed salad, and corn on the cob.

Good thing I had a nice swim, because I didn't have time to ride.

The next day, I went back to school to see the seniors yearly projects. They presented them in an expo in three rooms of the school. I will post more on this later, but suffice it to say I was very impressed with their original inventions: remote control door openers, an electronic cane for vision impaired people, a lifting rack for the back of a pickup truck, a tool inventory retrieval system, a new style backpack, and makeup organizer,  a library book finder, a rolling beach chair system to carry all your goodies, and a traveler's ironing board.

After I spent an hour or so at the expo, I went to the swimming pool and swam for about 45 minutes.

On the way home, I did a bit of shopping--minimal success-- and then headed home, hoping the well guy would call.

I fell asleep on the couch by accident and then woke up at feeding time for the Boys.  No riding again.

Today, I waited all morning for the well guy who finally did show up an hour and a half later than planned. That pretty much shot the morning. But the good thing is they will probably be able to fix my water problem next week. It looks as if the job will not be too complicated. The well casing is a 6 inch one, which is apparently good.

Once the well guy had left, I needed to go to the feed store to get alfalfa cubes. I picked up some Chinese take out on the way home so I had to eat some of that.

By then, it was feeding time again. While the Boys ate, I went for a nice 45 minute walk. I kind of regretted not riding, but I have a meeting to attend, so time was short.

Tomorrow? We are expecting tropical storm Andrea to drag her way on by with some heavy rain. It's not supposed to be a bad storm as far as wind goes, but there may be some coastal and river flooding. It worrisome for a lot of the homeowners who were flooded out in Sandy and Irene. Hope they are going to be OK.


  1. The student's expo sounds really inventive. Good news about the well too. It seems we are always too busy to ride with other things that pop up but that's life I guess. I seem to have no time to ride either.

    It's just started to rain here. I expect it will get a lot worse overnight. Glad I got the dogs out before the real deluge.

  2. Anonymous7:57 PM

    Hope you're spared the worst of the bad weather . . .