Friday, June 01, 2012

Organic Lawnmowers

The Boys Do Chores

I let the Boys out on the back lawn for a couple hours this morning. The idea was for them to do the mowing for me.

Well, they did, but I must admit they were not as thorough as I'd like. But, a good bit of the grass was trimmed and it only took me about a half hour with the riding mower to finish up.

I highly recommend this team of lawn care artists for anyone who'd like to hire them--as long as there are no annoying flies around to send them scurrying for cover back in the barn.





Did you notice that the fly sheets are still intact?  I don't know how this has happened, but so far, so good.

The plaid sheet on the ground covers the arena drag, as does the white cone. I still have to do something with that pile of tree chunks which now harbors some wild rose bushes and weeds. With all the rain, everything is growing like crazy.


6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:21 PM

    Like the matching mowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did notice the intact fly sheets! I bet if you let them "mow" a second day they would finish up what they started.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always so nice to have helpers who enjoy their work. They look good in their matching fly sheets.

    As for the tree chunks with the wild roses. Just take out the weeds and it will be an artsy contemporary sculpture garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best thing about horsey lawn care is that they fertilize as they go! *G*

    ReplyDelete
  5. oohhhh too bad we don't live closer together, Stormy said he would have LOVED to come work with your boys!
    - The Equestrian Vagabond

    ReplyDelete
  6. unless it's totally in the way, i would have thought tree stump with wild rose would be an added attraction....

    ReplyDelete