Friday, June 29, 2012

Need I Say It?


I woke up early, thinking perhaps I might go out to the barn to work a horse or two, but it was raining. Not a quiet, innocent rain, either. It was serious.

I rolled over and went back to sleep.

By the time I woke up again, just before 9 AM, the heat and humidity were already building. I headed out to feed the Boys, clean stalls, and clean out under the run in roof on Chance's side of the barn. Muggy, yucky...sweaty.

I then headed out to the post office to mail some payments that needed to get out before my mail carrier got to the house anytime from 11 AM to 6 PM-- one never knows what time he'll show up.  And when I got home, I pulled the truck up to the barn and unloaded the five bags of feed I had left in it after the last trip to the feed store.

Of note: the feed bags weigh 50 lbs. each and I was able to step up into the barn with a bag in my arms using my new knees! This is the first time my legs have been strong enough to do that!

Totally heated up by then, I headed indoors and didn't really go back out again until 4 PM feeding time and then a nice half hour swim at the pool.

I do have to admit, the pool is a blessing when it's hot. Not only does it cool me off, but I can actually get some quality exercise in despite the heat.

Needless to say, I did not even try to ride. And now, even as late as it is, it's still hot out there!


  1. We've got some miserable temps too. So hot, there will be no riding until it breaks. We turn them all out at night and if they want they can come in during the day and stand under their fans.

    The pool must have felt like heaven. You're so lucky to have access to the water. Good for you and your new knees with the feed bags!

  2. I do not miss the humidity of the east coast, though in Maine we don't usually get too miserable. Amazing how well your new knees are doing! Isn't it nice to have that behind you?!

  3. I stopped reading your post at the title.
    - The Equestrian Vagabond