Saturday, June 16, 2012

Busy Week

Punctuated by Rain

Monday I spent working on a grant and going to see s film with retired friends. It started raining mid morning and continued all day.

Tuesday, the roof guys came to start working on repairing the barn roof. When the solar panels were installed, they created a leak in the part where the barn roof connects to the run in shed roof on the east side and it's been getting worse and worse. I had a chiropractic appointment in the morning, so with all the ruckus, I opted out of riding a horse.

Wednesday, roof guys were back to finish up. I also got a call from my friend Shelley asking if she could spend the night on her way to a job interview. That meant I had to do some house cleaning--much neglected, I fear.  Then, on Thursday, Shelley arrived so we spent the day catching up, running some errands and going out to dinner.

Friday, I woke up with the closest thing to a migraine I had had since I started on my blood pressure meds. It eased off as the day went on, but I made a chiropractor appointment for today to clear the rest of it out.

I did go for a swim today--14-15 laps and a good thirty minutes of water work. I may go out to lunge Chance before too long, just to get him started up again.

I can't do anything with Tucker because he's lost a shoe.  The Boys were overdo for shoeing/trimming, and I called Scott last week, but so far no call back. This is a particularly busy season for him with all the horse shows going on and he often gets backed up with people who really NEED a shoeing job so they can compete.

The Boys and I are in competition retirement. so I'm not too worried. The ground is pretty soft from all the rain so Tucker is fine, so far. Hopefully Scott will get here before some kind of problem develops.

Of course, the lawn needs mowing again, and some weed whacking. However, the road guy was buy trimming the shoulders of the road, so I managed to flag him down to give my banks a cursory trim.  I gave him a Coca Cola in return and he did a great job with some of the weeds that have plagued me in years past.

So far, so good. Now I still need to haul myself into the saddle to get some riding in!

1 comment:

  1. It's hard to get anything done with all this rain we were having. You always keep busy though. Glad you got to see your friend and the road mowing guy trimmed your bank. That's one less thing for you to do.

    ReplyDelete