Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Thawing Back Out

It's Getting Nice Again

Warmish again today. I took the Boys' winter blankets off so they would enjoy the sunshine and about an hour later the sun disappeared behind the clouds. I'll be putting their sheets back on when I go out to feed shortly.  It is in the upper 40's F now and will only go down to about freezing tonight, so they should be fine.

I went to the chiropractor this morning so no riding today. I am walking for exercise, though. So far around my property with two fairly decent hills in the pasture. I walk briskly and even tried a little jog, but I am not ready for much of that yet.

I'm not sure what the horses think. I gave them some hay in the paddock while I walked, but they were on the alert to keep track of me. I did have a laugh a little when I got back, though. Peppercorn, the barnkitty, was stretched out in the sand, not too far from Toby, just kind of hanging out with the herd while they ate.

 But, as usual, the camera was in the house. It would have made a cute picture.

I did have my camera when the sun was shining on the lake (sandpit) across the road, though. I only have a lakefront view during the winter when there are no leaves on the trees, though. The lake is huge--perhaps 200 acres and it looks turquoise in the sunlight.  Later, when the sun changed position in the sky, it looked like a mirror.

I hesitate to post this, but one of the homeowner's insurance companies may have refused to cover my property because they figured it was in a "flood hazard area," due to the lake. The lake is below the water table and my property is probably 50 feet higher or more than the surface and I am probably 300 or more feet away. I figure we'd need a awful lot of rain for any of that water to reach me.

It looks like I have a smudge on my camera lens.

It shall be corrected. *G*

Oooops, I nearly forgot...

Happy Valentine's Day to All! 

2 comments:

  1. I hope someone treated you today Jean. I've just had a wonderful dinner cooked for me by my OH and a bit of wine went down well too.

    That looks like a lovely area you live in.

    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a nice day for a walk around the property. Beautiful area with the lake near you. Peppercorn sounds like quite a character too.

    Happy Valentine's Day to you and your gang.

    ReplyDelete