Monday, August 08, 2011

Busy Bee

Busy Me

Someone else said, "Why is it you go for weeks with nothing to do and then suddenly, you are busy every day?"  Well, not quite, but I suddenly found myself finding things to do all at once.

I gave a concert on Sunday in Pennsylvania, so that took up a good part of the day since it was a just about a two hour drive out.  It was at a senior center where my choir director's mother-in-law lives. It is a lovely facility. We were treated to dinner and then performed the "Child's Garden of Verses" songs. Fun stuff.

We rehearsed on Thursday night and I had a chiropractor appointment on Friday. Then, Saturday, I suddenly realized the County Fair was going on, so, of course, I had to go.  It was similar to most years, with lots of nice exhibits including the 4-H horses, small animals, sheep, goats, some cattle, and even some llamas.  Some of the crafts, artwork, and needlework projects on display were absolutely amazing. There is such talent in our local area.

When I got home last night from the concert, I got a call from a friend whose car had broken down. She needed a ride to do some errands this morning. So I was off again.

That left the afternoon for a nice swim. I've actually been swimming nearly every day, so that's not too much of a novelty, but it does add to the "busy."

I still have to get my truck registration renewed and then get the truck inspected. I need to go see my hay guys, go get some alfalfa cubes, and then go to the chiropractor again this week.  Meantime, I am making some headway cleaning the house.  I guess I will be read when it's time for my knees.

I am a bit surprised to see the Boys out in the pasture on some of these hot days.  I'm glad, but they had been hanging out in the barn by the fans when it was hot before. I'm wondering if the "bug" pattern changes as the summer goes on.  We've had a fair amount of rain, so it's certainly not what I'd call dry. For some reason, they actually seem happy wandering around outside.

Of course, Chance has an ulterior motive. The apples are falling from the trees now and then, and he's always on the lookout for a treat. Clever boy.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you are really busy. I'm sure you were a hit at the concert, that's such a nice thing to do.

    Our guys have been hanging out under the trees more instead of trying to squeeze into the sheds. So maybe they are just resigned to the heat and humidity now. Or maybe by some miracle those fly predators are actually starting to work. Whatever is going on I'm glad to see them moving around a bit.

    ReplyDelete