Sunday, April 05, 2015

Happy Easter

Knock Me Down

Well, my Easter surprise was a tumble in the paddock, knocked down by none other than Tucker as he bolted in reaction to Toby's bolting off.

Why did Toby bolt?

When I came home from church it was quite warm and since I'd left the Boys' sheets on from the chilly night, I decided to take them off. I've done this dozens and dozens of times in the paddock.

I had all but the front straps undone on Toby's sheet when, for some reason, he spooked and took off, sheet flapping around his neck and body. That set Tucker off, knocking me out of the way. He's never been one to pay a lot of attention to where I am, and I constantly have to remind him of my space. Today, he forgot....again. Down I went and off he and Chance went, rip roaring around the paddocks with Toby.

Eventually, after I found my breath and got back to my feet--sore backside and clonk on the head where it hit the ground too--I found Toby's sheet, torn asunder in the paddock. Another nice new sheet bit the dust as it really doesn't exactly look very repairable. The front straps are ripped out along with the front flap of fabric and trim. I will take a good look at it later, but it really didn't look very good.

So, that was my Easter gift from the Boys of Follywoods. Thanks a lot.

Meanwhile Spring rolls in with Easter sunshine and the promise of new beginnings.

Pink Tulips In Basket Colorful Easter Eggs X Wide Wallpapers Net Clip Art

7 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your fall. Glad you weren't hurt too badly but still it's a fine how do you do for trying to help them.

    Happy Easter and Spring to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:01 PM

    Bad boy! Glad you're (mostly) OK.

    A happy Easter nevertheless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you don't feel worse tomorrow, sometimes things take a day or two to really set in. So do let us know how you feel. You know, it's amazing things like this don't happen more often. Horses spook, that's just their nature, and plenty of people take off sheets when the horses are at liberty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a mature adult, I think a tumble is almost worth the look on people's faces when we tell them what a rough and "tumble" life we lead sometimes:) I can almost hear their brains fizzing as they try to reconcile "sports injury" with the Grand Dame they have before them. Same planet, different worlds, as they say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been knocked down in the pasture before -- it does hurt. 1000 lbs (or more) moving at speed -- well, of course it hurts! Hope the soreness subsides soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I certainly agree to some points that you have discussed on this post. I appreciate that you have shared some reliable tips on this review.

    ReplyDelete