Monday, January 19, 2015

Goodbye, Christmas

It's Official

Finally I had a day warm enough to take down my outdoor Christmas decorations. It's always a little sad saying goodbye to the holiday season and I must admit the fences and front of the house look a little drab and empty now, but it was more than time.

Fortunately even the ground had thawed enough that I was able to pull up the stakes on my Pegasus.  Now, of course, I just remembered I never took a picture of the new addition to my decor.  I did find his picture on the Internet:
He really is quite pretty lit up at night.  I am trying to find a companion to put on the other side of the porch, but so far no luck.

I got him at a great price from.....Walmart.  He may have been the last one in stock. He was selling on eBay for over twice the price I paid, so I didn't buy a buddy there.

Trying to find outdoor Christmas horses is not easy. There are some really cute horse and carriage combos, but they too are quite expensive, comparatively speaking.  I am currently toying with the idea of somehow making a horse sculpture of my own, but that may be beyond my skill level. At least I have a year to think about it.

Meantime, I just keep searching the Internet for a good deal.

Now the decorations are packed away and stashed back down in the basement. Not the neatest pile at this point but like a lot of things, someday I'll get around to organizing it.

So, another Christmas passes and with it a new year begins. The decoration take down was the final moment for me.  Now all that's left is looking forward to Spring.

I need to stretch those riding muscles, that's for sure. Chance and I have some trails to ride, and Tucker and I need to find some way to have fun in the arena. I honestly don't think I'm going to risk him back out on the trails. I hate to be a quitter, but wisdom prevails. I will take him out for handwalks, though, just to let him see the sights.

And then, of course, there is Toby. If he keeps up the enthusiasm for little short trail rides he showed last Spring, then he's on the list to go out too. Christina wants me to ride her Arabian, JJ again as well, so I do need to get myself fit.

It guess just like Christimas, the time will come. I just need to work a little harder getting ready.

1 comment:

  1. Love that Pegasus. I've never seen one before it must look beautiful lit up. Like you I took advantage of the warmer temps and took down all my outside decorations today and stored them in the basement. Also like you I'll get around to organizing it when I get to it.

    I'm looking forward to Spring now and working with the horses again too. I also have to get in better shape before then. But that's the story of my life these days.

    ReplyDelete