I am as prepared as I can be for the predicted blizzard.
In case you haven't heard, the middle portion of the East Coast is under a blizzard watch with the possibility of 1-2 feet of snow or more. It's never a certainty, but it's better to be safe than sorry.
I filled up two gas cans with gasoline for my generator.
I filled up another five gallon can of diesel for the tractor.
The tractor has been repaired and should be in top running order. (Just like last January...(*sigh* huge repair bill two years running)
I have hay for the Boys.
I have grain for the Boys.
I have plenty of cat food.
I have milk, bread, eggs, cold cuts and plenty of food on hand.
The generator can be hooked up to run the whole house. It too underwent a repair over the summer, and I've run it several times since.
The snow blower may be ready to go, but if the snow is too deep, that's a lost cause.
I have heating oil.
I have propane for the gas fireplace.
I have plenty of indoor work to do.
The Boys are dressed in waterproof winter turnouts.
I will put some hay inside the barn tomorrow before things get too bad in the afternoon.
My warm, waterproof snowplowing clothes are at hand.
Oh yes...the ultimate snow insurance: Tucker and Chance both have studded snowshoes and pads. Toby's barefoot, so he's a given.
Does that last item on the list mean the storm will take a sudden turn out to sea?
Meanwhile I had a practice snowplowing run yesterday when I cleaned up the driveway after the 6 or so inches of very wet and heavy snow we had Friday night. The only disadvantage of that is that now there are snow piles in some of the places I will need to pile the snow if this storm is as big as predicted.
On the possible plus side, if it is as predicted, the snow will probably be dry and fluffy which does make it much easier to move out of the way. The last storm the darn stuff was really heavy and hard to shovel. Bless the tractor as it made it so much easier to clear a path from the barn to the house so I didn't have to shovel.
So now we wait.