Will It or Won't It?
There is a nor'easter on the way and no one seems quite sure just how hard it will hit us in Central New Jersey. The forecasts call for anything from a few inches to 8+ inches of snow. It may rain, it may snow, and we may have heavy winds.
The winds bother me, mostly because of the threat of power outages. Despite my new generator, I still do not have the well pumps hooked up, so if we do get caught, I will be stuck without water...again. That is my only worry. I have heat and I can cook and with batter power, I have lights. The generator will keep the basics powered up, except for the well.
The trouble this time of year is that even if I fill up all my emergency horse tubs, what's to keep them from freezing so I can't use the stocked up water? The good thing is that temperatures are forecast to pretty much stay above freezing for most of the time, so we may be OK.
My hay guy stocked me up today and I went to the feed store to get grain and alfalfa cubes. I started up the tractor and ran it for a while to charge up the battery and make sure everything was working. I did not start the snowblower, but will do that tomorrow. I have some bales of hay inside the barn and my snow shovel is on the back porch.
Not much else to do except wait and see.
Just wish one of my electricians had put my job on the priority list instead of the back burner so that darn well pump would work.