Monday, December 07, 2015

Horses On the Lawn

Gotcha!

This time it's not the escapees. It's my Christmas yard decor.

I bought the winged Pegasus last year and liked it so much I decided I wanted a partner. I searched the Internet all year to no avail. Apparently the Pegasus is no longer for sale.

So, I started looking for another kind of lighted outdoor Christmas horse. I wasn't until early November that one showed up on eBay. (There are more now, but none like mine.)  I took the plunge and bought him.

Now, at last he is standing on the left side of the front porch while Pegasus--who needed to be propped up on the flagpole holder because his supporting strut broke--adorns the right side.

I'm pretty happy with the effect, despite Pegasus's lameness. Fortunately all he needs to do is stand there, so the injury does not impair his performance.

Here's the new guy sporting the red bow I added.
Here we have the two fellows without the added drama. 
The added drama? The StarShower laser lights. I've always wanted something on that peak area of the porch, but I am not brave enough to climb a ladder that high. The laser lights do the job and are just right as far as I am concerned. 

The fence on either side of the house is also strung with garland, red bows, and lights.

I'm just about ready for Christmas!


Oh, by the way, the real Boys escaped last week by knocking down the fence rails by the barn. Found them grazing on the back lawn by moonlight. Fortunately, they decided not to go adventuring. More about that later.

1 comment:

  1. I love your decorations! The Pegasus and horse are perfect compliments to the center laser lights. What a good idea they are. No climbing and messing with strands of lights.

    Glad you got the boys back with no drama!

    ReplyDelete